Arthur Schopenhauer said :

"A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants"







Monday, September 3, 2012

Gapps

About Gapps

Gapps are closed source applications developed and maintained by Google.
You have at least one of them on your phone- Google Play Store. 
many stock ROMs got this package at least some of them usually is not good to include these apps in custom roms because they are closed source so it's hard to get customized.
I removed in Move ROM all these except for Google Play if you think you need them then
document about Gapps here  and download a package to get all Gapps :

http://goo.im/gapps/

-download a package that works for you - OS Froyo/2.2
I used gapps-mdpi-20110501-signed.zip also flash this package by CWM

NOTE

It's obvious that not all gapps from these packages will fully work for 908 i.e. the one above is made for HTC Passion = Nexus One so I have to prepare a specific package for this phone only

Update

I dropped it - old story :)
.now every (?) stock rom comes with many of them for the rest search on Market - it seems Google started to publish on Market these applications !
anyway is  not good practice to flash a zip package to /system folder

2 comments:

  1. hello! I have a OT908F, and installed the latest ROM MOVE 4.0, but the buttons will be on the contrary, can not turn on the GPS. I can not get into google play appears an error, CAN NOT MAKE A CONNECTION reliable, WITH THE SERVER,! I tried to install this package: gapps-MDPI-20110501-signed.zip, but the error when I restart the phone: SORRY SetupWizard the application (processcom.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly.
    OBs.:'m Not complaining I'm saying what happens with my phone, so that you can improve this gorgeous design, which we are pleased to have on hand. Good job to you congratulations from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated this post read it yes I have to pack a Gapps package to work on this phone fully also thanks for your appreciations !

      Delete